Save the date: Sept 8, 2010 at the Drake Hotel, Toronto. Doors open at 7:30 p.m., event starts at 8 p.m.
Digital media news outlet DigitalJournal.com is proud to announce it will be hosting its annual discussion featuring some of the most influential leaders in Canadian media. We have invited leading executives from Facebook, the Globe & Mail, Global News and Polar Mobile.
Dubbed “The Future of Media,” the panel discussion will explore how media organizations are adapting to the Web, how social media has influenced journalism, and what the future holds for media professionals.
The event will take place Wednesday, September 8, 2010 at the Drake Hotel Underground (1150 Queen Street West) at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and admission is free and open to the public. Seating is limited and will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. The event will also be filmed and broadcast online after the event.
Topic & Discussion
The Future of Media 2010 is a must-see event for anyone interested in the rapidly changing landscape of new media, the Web and technology. The speakers will discuss some of the biggest challenges the mainstream media face today. Panelists will address how social and digital media are changing traditional media; why social services such as Facebook are increasingly being regarded as a discovery point for news; how real-time information is changing mainstream media and the role of mobile devices; and how changing media consumption habits offer a glimpse into the future of media.
The event will feature a live panel discussion followed by a Q&A session with the audience. Digital Journal will also be taking questions via Facebook and Twitter to pose to panelists. Questions may be submitted at any time between now and Sept. 8.
Speakers & Sponsors
DigitalJournal.com is happy to announce a star-studded, A-list group of media executives will make up the panel at this year’s Future of Media conference. The speakers are:
- Jordan Banks, Managing Director of Facebook Canada
- Anjali Kapoor, Managing Editor of the Globe and Mail Digital
- David Skok, Senior Producer of Online Content for Global News
- Kunal Gupta, CEO of Polar Mobile
- Mark Evans, a digital marketing and social media strategist and co-founder of the MESH conference
The Future of Media will be hosted and moderated by Digital Journal. The event is sponsored by Queensway Audi, Toronto’s number-one Audi dealer; Suite 66, Canada’s largest independent online advertising sales organization; Dell Canada; Rogers Wireless; Flip Video; and Palm.
Sponsors of Digital Journal’s Future of Media event are also providing an impressive array of door prizes to be given away to attendees of the Future of Media event on Sept. 8 at the Drake Hotel in Toronto. The prizes are:
- 1 person will take home a 32GB Wi-Fi + 3G Apple iPad, courtesy of Suite 66.
- 1 person will take home a new Dell Studio 15 notebook with artist lid, courtesy of Dell Canada.
- 5 guests will take home a high-definition Flip Ultra HD camcorder, courtesy of Flip Video.
- 2 guests will take home a new Palm Pre, a Touchstone charger and leather case, courtesy of Palm. Wireless subscription not included.
- 1 guest will take home a new Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, courtesy of Rogers Wireless. Wireless subscription not included.
Prizes are given away in a random draw at the end of the night, so you have to be there to win. For more info, interview opportunities or press passes to the event, contact David Silverberg or Chris Hogg online here.